Whenever my work out is not regulated ( i worked out like 3-4 times a week and if I stop that routine), I always have muscle pain the day after I work out. If you experience the same here are tips that could help you ease the pain.
- Allow your muscles to rest. Don't engage in any heavy exercise while they recover.
- Take acetaminophen or ibuprofen to ease pain.
- For the first few days, ice the area. After the first two to three days, apply heat to the sore muscles.
- As you recover, try low-impact exercises such as swimming, biking and walking. Gradually work your way up to longer and tougher exercises.
- Sleep, stretch and avoid stress.