Protecting your hardwood or laminate flooring can help ensure its lifespan for years to come. From using area rugs, to properly cleaning your floors, there are many actions to take to prolong the life of your hardwood or laminate floors.
Hardwood flooring is a great investment for any homeowner, as it has an extremely large lifespan, and can add an immense amount of value to your overall property, but hardwood flooring requires a little tender loving care. Laminate flooring is popular in terms of durability and aesthetics, but much like hardwood flooring, laminate flooring also requires a little care. Below are a few helpful suggestions to help protect your floors for years to come:
- Use synthetic area rugs in heavy traffic areas. Using area rugs helps protect your floors from foot traffic, as well as from dirt and grime being carried in from outside.
- Never use abrasive cleaners on your floors, as they can cause permanent damage to the finish and overall durability of your floor.
- If a spill occurs, it’s extremely important to take action as soon as possible. Pooling can horribly damage hardwood flooring as well as laminate flooring. Spills happen, but fast action can prevent permanent and serious damage.
- It’s recommended to always follow manufacturer recommendations in terms of cleaning your floor.
- Humidity control is important, especially for hardwood flooring. It’s important to control humidity and moisture with a humidifier to ensure your floor doesn’t warp from excess moisture build up throughout your home.
- Flooring installation is extremely important, and it is highly recommended that you seek out the help of a professional floor installer. A poorly installed floor can have a much shorter lifespan. This is the first step to consider when prolonging the life of your floors.
Both laminate flooring and hardwood flooring can add immense beauty to any room of your home, but both require care to help prolong your floors for years to come.