Being fit isn't a problem, you just have to discipline yourself in eating good, sleeping well and do regular exercise. Here are 5 ways you could do to lengthen the span of your life. Be sure to consult your doctor first before before making major changes in your exercise level.
- TARGET 30-60 MINUTES OF PHYSICAL ACTIVITY MOST DAYS. The more you exercise, the more the benefits. The best part is, you can meet this level of activity with several shot segments each day.
- RAISE YOUR HEART RATE. Fit in aerobics to strengthen your cardiovascular system. Brisk walking, swimming or cycling gets your heart pumping, and ca burn about 150 calories for a half hours effort.
- THINK "PHYSICAL" ALL DAY LONG. Add activities that work your muscles and burn extra calories. Look for Possibilities. Clean up the yard, walk to lunch or walk while you talk on the phone. Blend your exercise to your life so enjoy it.
- STRETCH IT OUT. Daily stretching, yoga and pilates can add lifelong flexibility and protection from muscle strain and injuries. Stretching also feels good and eases everyday achiness.
- MUSCLE UP SOME MIGHT. Add strength training work outs, such as weight lifting or calisthenics, 2-3 times a week. More strength means you can do more.