After three weeks of working on the house, we finally finished sanding all the wood floors. Sanding all of it was the hardest part. We underestimated how much time it would take to do it but glad it is done. Here are the sanded wood floors, here is how it looks like on it's raw form.
|Home Office, originally a bedroom with a closet and half bath.|
Stairs to the second floor.
|The hallways upstairs, we removed the railing for a while.|
|Guest room with a walk-in closet|
|the other side of the guest room|
|Walk in closet to Rylie's bedroom|
|Master bedroom's Bathroom|
|Master's bedroom - window side|
Now that all that sanding is done, hubby started staining last Friday and was able to finished yesterday. I did not help him do this process because I concentrated on cleaning the walls and getting rid of all the dusts inside the house!
All the rooms, hallways, and closets are stained , now we wait for it to fully dry and we will start applying the polyurethane on it as a finall stage.
I was hoping for a lighter color than this but hubby liked a darker color so this one is okay. Polyurethane stinks so we will have to wear a respirator to do it. I hope that we could finish this within this week, keeping my finger's crossed. We were looking forward on moving this Memorial weekend but it is unlikely to happen. We will see.